We are pleased to be able to let you know that from next week (3rd August 2020) we are beginning the phased re-opening of the leisure centres. Confirmed dates for all centres are as follows:
Monday 3rd August 2020:
Kingsmead Leisure Centre – Gym and Group Exercise
Wednesday 5th August 2020:
The Bay Sports Arena – Group Exercise
Whitstable Sports Centre – Group Exercise
Monday 10th August 2020:
Herons Leisure Centre – Gym
Friday 28th August 2020:
Herons Leisure Centre – Group Exercise
Thursday 17th September 2020:
Pools to open at Kingsmead (excluding Beach Pool), Herons and Whitstable Swimming Pool for adult lane swimming and family swim sessions
Whitstable Swimming Pool – Gym
Monday 21st September 2020:
Swim Academy and Aqua classes to recommence
Following the release of the government guidelines, we can now confirm the procedures we have put in place will ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
Before you come:
- For pay and play users, all sessions must be pre-booked and paid for online or via the Active Life app. Subscriptions members also need to pre-book online or via the app, complying with the Government’s test and trace service. This ensures that the centre has no more than the permitted number of users and you have plenty of personal space.
- When booking, please select your 10 minute entry window.
- Please do not arrive before the start of your 10 minute entry window as you will not be allowed access. If you arrive late, you will be refused entry.
- Your booked session is for 50 minutes.
- Please come ‘gym-ready’, with your workout clothes already on. Changing rooms will be closed.
When you arrive:
Important – Please only arrive at the centre at the start of your allocated 10 minute entry window. Before this time, please wait away from the entrance and ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- Have your membership card ready, this will be required on every visit. If you don’t have one, this will be given to you on your first visit.
- On entry to the building, please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Once through the turnstiles follow the directional signage and please maintain a safe social distance. There will be a directional system in place, so please follow the arrows as directed.
Staff will be on-hand to assist at all times.
To view the centre opening times, please click here.
- If you are a subscription member, your first direct debit payment will start again from the 3rd August minus the days you are owed from when we closed on the 20th March. From the 1st September, your direct debit will then resume as normal.
- You will have access to the gym and group exercise at Kingsmead Leisure Centre from the 3rd August, group exercise at The Bay Sports Arena and Whitstable Sports Centre from the 5th August and the gym at Herons Leisure Centre from the 10th August.
Gym & Group Exercise:
- Gym equipment will be spaced out and different areas of the centre may be used to provide additional space.
- We have designed the reduced timetable to be safe for our staff and customers. With limited capacities, we have designed tables that we believe will suit everyone.
- Some group exercise classes may be moved to larger areas or outside (weather permitting) to ensure everyone has plenty of personal space. Please respect the personal space of all other users and staff.
- Everyone is responsible for cleanliness and we will provide ample cleaning materials. It is essential that all users clean all kit, including exercise mats, before and after use. Please bring your own exercise mat if you have one.
- Feel free to use your own hand sanitizer, but it will be available within the centre at reception, the gym and in group exercise locations. Masks are not compulsory, but by all means wear one if you wish.
- Bring your own water. Our fountains will not be in use.
We would like to thank you for your patience and support while we were closed and can’t wait to welcome you back at the centre soon!
Team Active Life