Healthy Hearts and Cardio
Keeping your heart healthy is something you can work on every day and we are here to help you understand how…
Interesting facts about your heart
- Your heart beats around 100,000 a day.
- Your heart pumps around 2,000 gallons of blood a day.
- Laughing is good for your heart – It reduces stress and gives a boost to your immune system.
The key to keeping a healthy heart
- Healthy eating can help look after your heart. There are some nutrition tips that can help you keep your heart healthy. Click on the link to find out more… https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/support/healthy-living/healthy-eating
- Regular physical activity reduces your risk of having a heart attack or developing heart disease.
- Quitting smoking decreases your risk of heart attack and stroke almost straight away.
- Understanding and controlling cholesterol and blood pressure is key to your heart health
Cardio is a great way to keep your heart healthy, it improves your heart’s ability to pump blood to your lungs and throughout your body. As a result, more blood flows to your muscles, and oxygen levels in your blood rise.
Try these great cardio machines to get your heart pumping:
- Spin Bike
- Rowing Machine
- Cross Trainer
Even a quick 30 minute workout can improve your hearts health, another option could be a fast paced walk, you can even invite a friend or loved one and have a catch up whilst getting that body moving!